Next Stop on Grandpa’s Road by Terry L. Coats – Hardback edition
Next Stop on Grandpa’s Road-History and Architecture of NC&StL Terminals and Depot
- Over 300 pages; 600+ photographs, illustrations and drawings
- Detailed history of the NC&St.L through founding in 1845, the major expansion years following the Civil War, the hostile take over by the L&N, and the progression up to the merger in 1957.
- Of interest to railroaders seeking information of railroad stations as well as historians looking for photos of local architecture in Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, and Alabama.
- Detailed analysis of the architecture styles of the stations and terminals of the NC&St.L
- Information on signaling, telegraphy, and the roles of the employees aboard the trains and at the stations
- Chapters on each of the five Divisions of the NC&St.L.
- Appendices documenting acquisitions, time lines, and a listing of all station locations with mile markers.
- Hardbound Book, signed by the author
Only 1 left in stock