Nashville Steam No. 576 Relocation
Rules For Public Viewing
Just like you, we are thrilled that No. 576 is leaving her longtime home of Centennial Park for restoration! This is a once in a lifetime event that thousands of people have dreamed of. We understand the excitement but please remember that this is a major project that requires constant attention and precise engineering. The crews have enough to think about without having to worry about people being in the wrong place. SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT. Follow these rules to ensure No. 576 leaves the park timely and everyone goes home safe and sound:
- Under no circumstances is anyone allowed on CSX or Nashville & Western Railroad property
- Stay back from the defined working area at least 300 feet
- The public is allowed to watch the loading of the locomotive from designated viewing areas in the park
- Do NOT cross any designated boundaries or established barriers
- Do NOT follow the locomotive on its way down the move route
- Do NOT trespass on private property
- Respect all local laws and law enforcement officers
- Picture taking is welcomed and encouraged, but always be vigilant of your surroundings
- Alternative methods to watch the move from home are in development, details to follow
- Do not walk or bicycle on the road within 300 feet of the locomotive
- Be aware of utility crews and equipment raising utility lines and traffic signals to allow the locomotive to pass below.
- Viewing from the sidewalk is permissible along the route.